Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Regrets

In this time in my life I have begun to look back and take account many things that have taken place. I recently began to think about what I regret. I know I regret not being a better person. I definitely regret ignoring red flags. I wish I had been more patient and regret that patience is a thing that I didn't take the steps to develop in my life. I regret ever letting circumstances or someone pressure me into doing something that I wasn't sure about or had a nervous feeling about. I regret decisions I made that affected others in a negative way. Most of all, I regret letting a man convince me that he was the one to speak to me on behalf of God and he was God's voice in my life.

I don't regret following my heart. I don't regret forgiving no matter what it was and without being asked. I don't regret the choices I made to be a full time mother to my kids. But most of all I don't regret loving with my whole heart and everything I have in me. I don't regret giving myself completely to the ones I love. Sometimes it hurts so much but it is so worth it.

I pray that God enables me to continue to love with everything I have and that I never again harden my heart because of being hurt.

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, boastful, proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable and keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice, but rejoices when the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never looses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

No comments:

Post a Comment